Friday, March 29, 2013

Language Exhange

Language Exchange



In each KUBA Group, Shout out to Group 8, Power8ade; we had the opportunity of being in a language exchange group of about 4 or 5 people. It was cool because it was not only for korean language but i know people who did chinese and French so basically the korean buddies as well as exchange students got to yeah or help friends learn their language. It was really cool because my korean friend Soehyun is studying abroad in France next semester so she did language exchange with one of my French friends. Anyway, I digress.

I was in a Korean-English Language exchange group. It was me, my friend Imelda from Indonesia, Anna Lee, who is korean but studies in japan, my Buddy MJ, and Seohyun. They helped me and Imedla with korean and we helped them with english. We tried to meet every friday early afternoon, especially since most of us didnt have classes on friday.

My group had difficulty being on time or actually attending, including myself. Mostly because of traveling on the weekends and like me getting locked out of my room thursday night haha.

Language exchange was always really fun. I used to write down new words and spellings of things which always became a distraction because people then wanted to draw in my book. Fun times.

Here are some of or artistic drawings:
1rst day of language exchange

best "dayo" drawing

"Buddah Dayo" my favorite :)

our group members

Thanks to Anna Lee-"Anime Dayo"
 Apart from this formal group for language exchange, everyday in korea is like language exchange haha. Talking to friends in class and in my acapella group. Whenever i learn something new in class i try to use it and then my friends help me make sentences and I also help my friends with english. Even with my exchange friends i learn new things. Learning how to say "I love you" in German is just soo funny and it really does sound kind of angry haha. I also learnt how to say a few dutch phrase, which was really cool!

My most rewarding language exchange though has to be when i am at Acapella Practice since i am the only foreigner. Trying to understand someone explaining to me how they want me to sing, take breaths, the mood we are trying to create skills of singing acapella can be quite frustrating and hilarious when you both speak different languages. BUT I GOT THROUG IT! My first song we practiced was a traditional song "Arirang" so i feel quite accomplished! I hope by the time i leave korea i can sing a pop song at norebang! Setting Goals.

For now,

Jal Gayo( Goodbye)



No comments:

Post a Comment