Wednesday, August 7, 2013

LoGs Concert: "Adele-Dayo"


During the semester, one of my acapella friends and i were talking and he was saying how much he loves Adele. I was like I Love her too! Then he goes on to say he had always been looking for someone whose voice complimented his. He is a bass. He apparantley really liked my voice since he watched my audition video and wanted us to do duet for like a couple adele songs.

We never really got to it but then during the summer we meet again. He proposes that since i will not be able to participate in our concert in Septemeber we can have a mini one and do the adele songs as we had discussed before!

We recruit some other friends and we practise for a month. Literally almost everyday i went to work 9:30-2pm, Practice for the concert 2-4:30pm, then Class 4;40-6:30pm. Harmonizing was something i needed to work on! Adele in some of these song hit really high notes or started off really deep and then really high and i had to learn to make those octave changes and control my voice! I finally learned the art of hitting a hight note- the last two notes in sky fall!


In the end it was soo awesome and worth it! I had never done a solo before so it was a really big deal for me and a good way to overcome my stage fright!  Some friends also came to watch which was amazing!

" Adele-Dayo"- My friend while practicing would accidentaly call me adele and after the concert some friends were joking and made this nickname haha

I Sang:


  • Someone like you(solo)
  • Hometown Glory(solo)
  • Rumour has it( Verse 1, chorus, bridge)
  • Skyfall( Verse one , chorus and last verse)
It was really cool! We performed twice once at 2;00pm which was mostly my acpella friends that came.  Suprisingly they had practices a part of skyfall and all of suddent he started singing and i was so shocked! It was awesome!

2:00pm

Hometown Glory
Rumour Has It





Rumour Has it

Talking in Between songs

yeounjun- the president recording :)



Lucky-Jason Marz


Group photo!


Friends who could come at 2pm : Allison, Ga Young, johnny, Dubhan

Lunch:

After the first performance we went out for lunch! We ate Bibimbap or Naeg myong( Cold noodle)!




7:00pm

Although i have no pictures of 7pm performance, we all met up again for dinner! 


We also celebrated Sunny's birthday but before that the group suprised Q and I with a cake! I started crying a haha!

my delicious ice-cream cake


sunny is so happy she started crying

Eating Cake!
 Goodbyes!


It was really funny because this restaurant in the past played a lot of adele songs and randomly Rumour has it came on so we all started singing! Then my friend requested Someone like you so i could sing haha..

After that i went to a cafe to study for my korean final, which is TOMORROW! when i was there this woman was looking at me funny but turns out she had been at my concert and said she really enjoyed it and wished me a safe trip home and that it was a shame i was leaving! Ahhh SO COOL!

Great day! :)








No comments:

Post a Comment