Sunday, April 7, 2013

Do Re Mi Fa Sol La Ti Do: ACAPELLAPOLOOZA

Do Re Mi Fa Sol La Ti Do: ACAPELLAPOLOOZA


Guess who is a Member of the Korea 

University Acapella Group: LoGs?!?!?!?!?!?

ME! 
 Yes Me! ADEDAYO, 아데다요(Adedayo in 

hangul), 다에( my korean name)!!!



So about three week ago, after the orgs fair i knew i really wanted to join a singing group or club that i had seen at the fair but then i was on the science campus during the week and i saw a guy with his KU letterman jacket and he had Acapella on it. I decided to ask him about it and ironically they were putting up posters about the concert they were having that night and they invited me and we exchanged numbers.  I met up with one of them later so he could show me where the concert would be and he gave me a free ticket for the concert and even offered to give me more for my friends! I went to their concert and it was really cool and they sound amazing! the did mostly couple pop/western songs such as Bruno Mars Grenade and then they did like 3 Korean Songs! One of the beat boxers blew my mind! it was crazy at one point he was just beatboxing alone and he did satisfaction by Benny Benassi!

Also I found out that one of the girls coming to GW next semester was in the group which was really cool! So the week after there were auditions but i was so sick i had to audition the last day and the night before i drugged myself so much, drank so much Vitamin-C and Tea and it worked!!! I had no idea what song i would sing and during the day when having lunch with ruby i decided i would sing Ordinary People by John Legend and later sang it for Ruby, Katy, and CoCo and they approved! 

When i got to my audition i was sooo nervous there were abotu 6 guys from the group NO GIRLS! and None of the people i knew or had talked to in the past week! after taking like forever for my heart to stop beating i sang but then i got nervous and i stopped after the second verse! Then I had to match Pitch to the harmonica and I HAVE NEVER HAD A PITCH TEST BEFORE I WAS SO SCARED! I basically had to tell him to sing the notes he wanted and i would repeat it to him hahaha! They also asked me what part i sing and im like a Alto and somewhat a soprano so it was kind of wierd to explain especially since they thought i was a soprano from my audition hahaha yahy!!!!!!!!

I found out this thursday!!! SO EXCITED! THis will be a great release from school, and a really cool way to make friends outside of class and KUBA!

We had a welcoming party on friday and i got to meet the new members there are 16 of us! I also realized that there are soooo many people in the group who are ENGINEERS! who knew Engineers were such great singers! and Acapella Lovers?!?!?!

I even had the honour of meeting the guy who started the Group almost 5 years ago!  He was also a beat boxer and taught me some stuff! And of course i made the beat boxer guy do satisfaction again LOL! Made some great friends! We even had members who are currently in the army secretly come to hang out with us lol! It will be interesting to see how everything goes! Me singing korean songs, and the language barrier because a lot of them are to shy and embarrassed to speak english with me!

I AM SOOOO HAppy and EXCITED!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment