Tuesday, February 26, 2013

KU Exchange and Visiting Students Orientation: Day 1

KU Exchange and Visiting Students Orientation: Day 1

So today was the Day 1 of orientation! I had to wake up earlier than all the previous days because orientation started at 9am. I had to be ready and waiting outside my Hostel/Apartment by 8:30 am to meet with my KUBA Buddy and group members that also lived in the same Hostel Since we didn't know how to get to Inchon Memorial Hall, where orientation was.

So for those who do not know, KUBA, stands for Korea University Buddy Assistants, almost like Colonial Cabinet at GWU. Its a group of 16 Korean students who applied and volunteer to help exchange students, host events and integrate us into life at KU and in Korea.

Since it was such a fully packed day, I will just summarize all the things we did and show mostly pictures!

Day 1:
  • Introduction to Korea University
  • Course Registration Instructions
  • Introduction to Office of INternational Affairs
  • Set Up KUPID and Email
  • Cell-Phones
  • Group Pictures
  • Campus Tours

Introductions: 


I am in Group 8 A.K.A PowerEight lol. 





My badge :)


Me and some of my group members: Jonna, MinJu(My Buddy), Cholook

Each of the 8 groups has about 60 students or so but within each group about 3-4 people are assigned to one buddy! Shout out to my AWESOME Buddy MinJu(MJ), she is hilarious!!!

Lunch Time:

We all Received a Meal Coupon worth  ₩ 5000. Thank You KU!!


Banana, Yogurt juice(Saved for later), kimchi/green beans(??) Rice, Chicken Nuggets & Salad, some type of meat thing that my Buddy couldn't explain lol

** Random stuff but i just tried to try different things 

My Mini-Group: MJ(Buddy), Katty(she is from Peru)

Me and Cholook(Korean but lives in Japan)

I have gotten significantly better at using chopsticks but it was really funny because Katty also couldn't eat with chopsticks so at one point we were stabbing our chicken nuggets because we couldn't pick it up lol

Cell-Phone:



This is my new cell-phone. It cost me 70,000 KRW which is about $50. I tried to get a really cheap phone instead of a smart phone since i had my ipad but the cheap phones don't have KaKao Talk, its like Korean Whats App so i sucked it up and bought the smart phone.
**  Get KaKao talk from the App Store and send me ID so we cant KaKao Talk whenever lol

Campus Tours/Random Pictures:

Main Gate of KU


                                                                                  Mini Group
Love these Guys! Dastan & Sjoerd


Me & HeeSun(Buddy and a friend of a friend from GW: Hannah)



 Chi Woon(Chi CHi): Project-Manager of KUBA

 GREAT NEWS!!!!!!!: I GOT MY LUGGAGE!!!

After a great Day at orientation,  I go back to my dorm and I find my Lugagge at my Door!

This is the Duffel-Suitcase!!! :)

Such a long post, I apologize but we did so  much today!!!

 BYE! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment