Thursday, June 12, 2014

El Ultimo Dia de La Clase de Español y La Clase de Tecnica


Hola!

I honestly can't believe it in 6 more days last month I was just getting arriving in Managua anxious of the adventures to come and all the new knowledge I would acquire. I have met such great people, learned so much and regained and improved my spanish. I am more informed and aware of the types of commonly donated Medical Equipment, common problems experienced in the Developing world and the social problem of Medical Equipment donation.

Next month, I will be in Chinandega, Yes! *Gasp* the HOTTEST City in NICARAGUA, with my Amazing Companera Kaityln and i am so excited for what is to come and the potential to make a change, learn even more and continue to improve my spanish.

During Class, Group 4
As happy as I am to begin to transition into el proximo mes/ the Next Month, I am sad to be finished with the first month. My Spanish Teachers: Carla y Maria Elena, were just amazing. Both had different styles that appealed to my different learning styles and despite my timid, nervous, and frustrated moments during spanish class I am soo very grateful for all their help. I hope this is the beginning/ new-beginning for my spanish journey and hope one day I can be proficient and that my knowledge of spanish with be advantageous i my future career plans whether in Medicine and/or Global Health.

Iyad y Britanny's "skit"
Also a Big Shout out and Thank You to Dr.Iyad Obeid and Brittany Zick our amazing Professor and OTGC (respectively), who have been so amazing and helpful during this month. Thank You Britanny for all your mini-pick-me up and life lesson sessions. You are my Engineering-Life Big sister! Thank Your hard work, all the Yoga sessions and laughs and for just being another great addition to our overall atmosphere of the program. To Professor Obeid! You are amazing! I speak for all of us when we all wish we could have you as our professor then Engineering would be a lot more fun, enjoyable and easier to understand. I know all that you have taught us will be so helpful in the next month and I hope to share with you success  stories. Thank You for all the amazing and hilarious stories!

All in all, I am so pumped for the next month!

The party today was so much fun! After brief lessons, where we had to in spanish give our opinions about What is Pride? If what is  inside is the best part of a person? and learning how to give advice in spanish using the subjunctive, it was time for FUN! First each hospital group prepared a skit in spanish about a possible scenario we would encounter while at our respective hospitals! There were many mimicking our Friday hospital visits with cleaning fans! Few about defribillators, which Kaitlyn and I did. The backstory is that for the Defribillator section in our test book, for the "Minimal Testing" portion it advised us to buy a recently killed pig and test the defribillator not the Pig. Let me leave you with Kaitylyn was a pig at some point in our skit lol! Also shout out to Raj and David with their Ultrasound skit!
Raj y David, Ultrasound Skit

Nick y Ellitot y Yinka, Re-soldering fans skit
Piñata
After the skits we moved to the balcony space where there was ballons and snacks and CHOCOLATE! i was pumped! Each Level had picked an act from a hat so we had 2 singing, 3 dancing, and 1 acting group.  The first group danced to  Party Rock, 2nd Sang "I want it that way", My group, don't ask why sang "Talk Dirty to me" by Jason Derulo, The other groups the Mackerena to Bailando by Enrique Iglesias. After we played common games like pin the tail on the horse, there was a piñata! And there was this interesting game where one person is blindfolded and feeds someone else Baby Food, I participated in both ways, Yummy!

pin the tail on the horse

Mayella, one of the teachers dancing

Yummy!
Last Lunch!

Then we ended the day on an more serious EWH note. We had our last lecture, which was on Motors. For the final lab and most of the labs this week, we things we will need to do/encounter next month. Today we practiced interviewing workers to identify Needs that can be used as Senior Design projects at Duke for Dr.Malkin, the founder of EWH's Class.

After Lab, we made it over to Road House and watched the remainder of the First World Cup Game between Brazil and Croatia (3-1) Im pumped! Cant wait for Super Eagles-Nigeria and England's Game!



Great Last Day :)


---Adios :)




No comments:

Post a Comment